Thursday, January 8, 2009

Something About Janey


This is for Janey.


I'm not sure how we would have made it this year without her in our life. She started out as Will's classroom aide. Right from day one as hard as preschool was for Will he seemed to "click" with Janey. I'd go to pick him up and she'd be with him...and it was love at first sight with him. And that's something that we'd never seen from Will. He doesn't usually bond with people and if he does it's something that takes a while. Usually a long while and sometimes never no matter how hard people try. After he got adjusted to preschool we realized she would be the bus driver if Will were to ride the bus. Up until this point, I would have never thought he would have a rode a bus...but with her driving, I knew there was a chance. And after a couple incidents, things have went smoothly and I know he's fine when he's with her. She understands Will and knows how to handle him and that's not something most people know how to do. She has a true connection with him and I don't know what we would have done without her in our life..


Yesterday morning she has wrote me a thank you letter for a small gift that I had given her and I can't tell you how it touched me. Once I read it I cried. She has a "connection" with Will and cares so much about him. She is one of those people who have touched our life and helped our son so much. She also gave me the inspiration to start my blog and the idea for the name.

Here it is:


Chris & Karl


I want to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate your gift and words to me. By allowing me to be a small part of your life has touched me more than than I could ever put into words. From the very first time I was around Will I felt a "connection" with him. Each day that I was allowed to share with Will the connection that I felt the first day turned into love for a "super special child". Will is a beautiful little boy that has forever changed my life. Everyday that Will looks at me and smiles I know in my heart I can't be with him in the classroom , we are still together. I would love to find a way to be around Will more to help with him in any way that I can. Thank you again for allowing me to share a small part of the wonderful world of "Will".

No comments:

Post a Comment