Friday, January 9, 2009

A Wonderful Week for Will


I wasn't sure how the week was going to go. Will had been out of school for three weeks. Two weeks for Christmas break and the week before with an ear infection and winter weather. In the past it would be hard to get him back on track but this week was amazing. He is doing so much better with transitions and new situations. We still have those times (and you never know when they are going to be) but for the most part I see a HUGE improvement.


Monday he got on the bus ALL smiles and has been in the BEST mood all week. I wrote his teacher yesterday and told her whatever they were doing in the classroom, to keep doing it. Maybe he'd been bored at home....I don't know. But he was ready every morning when I told him we had to put his coat on and go and watch for the bus. No meltdowns, screaming, crying...NOTHING. And all week he never took the first red and blue thing to school with him. And that's very unusual. He has been very cooperative and the only problem we have had is eating and that's always a problem...but since he was sick three weeks ago and didn't eat much for a couple of days, it's like we're having to almost re-learn all of that again. He's not even wanting to drink his Pedisure like usual. He looks so thin to me, but he's getting tall and I think that's part of it. He's growing "up" not "out". He seems to feel good and rips and runs through this house like crazy.


I was always a picky eater myself and I guess he gets his 'food phobia " from me. I wish I was that picky now!!! I like to eat way too much these days. And when I look in the mirror, I can tell it.


Yesterday was their "Polar Express" day at school at the children were to wear their "jammies" to class. That's Will in his. I thought he looked like a little man in them. At home he wears footed pj's because he refuses to be covered up a night. If you try, he will wake up from a deep sleep and most of the time is awake then for the rest of the night. So every year, I stock up on the warm footed kind and they are great on weekends when we don't get out and he can stay in his "jammies" all day long.


Today we are heading to "Ninnie's house"..... He does good there now. And if he'll even say it when we get there. He's come so far. This time last year he wasn't saying anything much and everyday he will surprise me with something new he comes up with. He still does a lot of repeating OVER & OVER again. (especially something off of TV) ..but alot of what he says he now understands and he's usually trying to tell you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment